Caring for your Fresh-Cut Roses
The following is a list of suggestions to help you care for your roses.
- As soon as you receive the roses, place all the bunches (the whole bunch of 25 stems) in buckets with cool and fresh water (leave the carton around the roses) for at least 1 hour before using the roses (roses need time to hydrate).
- Store your flowers in a cool place, away from sunlight or other heat sources (never use freezers, or home refrigerators) while the roses are hydrating.
- Once you are ready to arrange your roses, open the carton and cut the stems of the roses diagonally, at least 1 inch, with a sharp knife. (Do not let the cut edge dry up before placing the rose into the container with water).
- Always use a clean vase.
- Always use cool clean and fresh water to fill the vase.
- Dissolve the “Flower Food” powder, included in the box, in the water (please follow instructions on the back of the flower food package).
- Remove all the leaves that are below the water level, this will help to reduce the build up of bacteria. (Leaves left underwater will rot and bacteria will build up, shortening the life of the roses).
- Remove the outside petals (if you want).
- It is recommended to change the water of the vase and to cut the stems once every two days. Keep your roses away from sunlight or other heat sources; the cooler the temperature, the slower the roses will open.
- Enjoy your Roses!